We’ve Always Done It That Way – Challenge Assumptions and Embrace the Growth Mindset
The world is changing. “We’ve always done it that way” doesn’t cut it. The thinking, processes, and attitudes that got us where we are have served their purpose. Now it’s time to shift our thinking and take the next steps to succeed. Dan Trommater has been helping people challenge deeply held assumptions for over 20 years. He uses eye-popping magic, stories, and optical illusions as powerful visual metaphors to grab you by the brain and gently shake. This is not only thoroughly engaging and a lot of fun, but it also empowers each person in the room to apply the learning in their own lives. As part of this interactive presentation, Dan shares insights on the growth mindset to help leaders, managers, and team members shift their attention from the limits of “problems” to the untapped potential of “possibilities.”
Participants will leave with these transformative takeaways:
• How to get out of the “same-old-thinking-rut” and find new solutions to pressing problems.
• How to identify and challenge the limiting assumptions that hold us back.
• How to embrace the growth mindset to boost performance in all areas of life.
Empathy’s Magic Power – The Key to Clear Communication and Compelling Leadership
What if you could magically see the world through someone else’s eyes? In our increasingly individualized society, it can be so easy to forget that your ‘truth’ isn’t universal. What’s obvious to you might be invisible to others (and vice-versa.) With over 20 years of experience creating and delivering presentations for a wide spectrum of audiences, Dan Trommater understands the vital importance of seeing the world from others’ perspectives.
In this program, Dan will use magic, optical illusions, and interactive exercises to illustrate the transformative power of empathy. He’ll demonstrate the fallibility of our narrow perspective and teach practical tools to widen our understanding of others’ needs and motivations. This program will empower participants to see the world from fresh perspectives, unlocking new levels of leadership, communication, and collaboration. Leaders, sales professionals, and anyone who works with others will benefit from these takeaways:
• How to recognize when your perception of the world differs from others’, then apply practical tools to build a bridge of understanding.
• How to ask better questions before offering solutions.
• How to overcome the barriers to empathy and create better relationships.
Empathy, Vulnerability, and Gratitude – Essential Skills for Teams, Leaders and Managers
Every organization has people with job-specific ‘hard skills’ to get the work done. But no matter how competent staff is at the nuts and bolts of their roles, those technical abilities aren’t enough to make for a thriving, collaborative workplace. For that, we need to focus on ‘soft’ skills to create a positive environment and forge real connections between colleagues, leadership, and clients. Dan Trommater has spent his career helping people tap into these overlooked skills.
In this program, participants will explore the value of empathy (to create better solutions for others), vulnerability (to forge deeper, more authentic relationships), and gratitude (to build a more positive atmosphere.) Dan will present compelling demonstrations and data from the field of positive psychology to show just how transformative these concepts can be. These crucial soft skills amplify teams’ job-specific skills and lead to a more collaborative, positive, and productive workplace.
Participants will learn:
• How to create a daily gratitude practice so they can shift their focus from problem to possibility.
• How to tap into voluntary vulnerability to discover the deep connections that result from being authentic.
• How to become more empathetic, which in turn leads to better collaboration, increased customer service, and clear communication.
The Science of Well-Being – Thriving Through Positive Psychology
In an increasingly complex and hectic world, people are becoming more and more stressed, depressed, and overwhelmed. Fortunately, the field of positive psychology provides us with tools to counter these trends. Dan Trommater speaks from experience. He’s applied positive psychology in his own life to overcome setbacks and is passionate about sharing these life-changing techniques.
Based on rigorous scientific research, the field of Positive Psychology is devoted to the study of what makes for a flourishing life. In this fun and informative presentation, Dan will explain the PERMAH model (Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Achievement, and Health) and show how you can put it to use at work and home. Using magic as visual metaphors, Dan will illustrate the transformative power of this exciting field. Moving beyond the science, you’ll get hands-on experience with practical tools and techniques to help you not only survive, but thrive.
• Practical tools to improve quality of life, mental health, and physical vitality.
• How to identify and tap into your strengths to produce better results with less effort.
• Strategies to increase connection and collaboration with others at work at home.